General & Financial Investigations
When it comes to corporate fraud, the numbers are truly eye-opening -- businesses lose billions of dollars annually to fraud. In fact, recent reports released by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners estimate that the average U.S. business loses about 6% of gross revenue to all forms of occupational fraud and abuse. Add to this figure workplace issues, the potential theft of trade secrets, product counterfeiting/diversion, and the need becomes apparent for business entities to protect resources and mitigate risk.
CARCO's professionals have multi-disciplined backgrounds in accounting, research, business intelligence, finance, law, information systems, insurance, the sciences and other specialties. These skills, combined with extensive investigative experience and law enforcement backgrounds, enable CARCO to provide industry-focused solutions to complex, evolving business issues.
CARCO's general and financial investigation services include the following:
Business and Financial Fraud
CARCO is a nationally recognized leader in the investigation of internal and external fraud. Through the unique combination of forensic accounting professionals, corporate investigators and financial analysts, we can respond quickly and discreetly to suspected wrongdoing. Investigative steps could include:
- Examination and analysis of relevant business records
- Interviews with potential parties and other individuals
- Tracking of funds and/or assets
- Determination of conflicts of interest/vendor involvement
- Liaise with law enforcement (if appropriate and authorized)
- Preparation of Proof of Loss to assist the company in any insurance recovery actions
Protection of Intellectual Property Patents and Trade Secrets
As a result of product infringement, counterfeiting, theft of trade secrets, diversion of products and the improper use of trademarks, corporations sustain billions of dollars of Intellectual Property losses.
As companies expand their operations across global borders, the threat of patent, copyright and trademark infringement grows significantly. Protecting trade secrets and other corporate proprietary information becomes increasingly more problematic for companies and their shareholders. That's where we can help.
CARCO has extensive experience in helping our clients in combating this growing problem. By global strategic partnering we extend our "reach" to:
- Develop working relationships with "in country" resources to provide timely and accurate product intelligence.
- Locate both the manufacturing and distribution sources of counterfeit product.
- Work with local law enforcement/and regulators to coordinate "buys", seizures and plant closures.
- Develop custom computer applications to track pertinent data.
CARCO also provides Financial Investigative Services to include:
- Real estate matters
- Embezzlements/Conflicts of Interest/Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Product Liability
- Analysis of Bank and other Financial Records
- Support of Cost Recovery Actions
CARCO, setting the standard for accurate and reliable screening for 35+ years.